There are many reasons more and more people are relying on VPNs (Virtual Private Networks) for their online activities. VPNs help protect your private information from internet hackers which is especially important for large organizations and retail firms. VPNs also offer great security for your online activities because the encryption software greatly hides your activities so that not even the torrents you download will be recognizable by cyber spies. Private conversations remain private and secure company information remain secure. A company or institution network is also fantastic for sharing information with a multitude of employees or students without putting sensitive information and private images at risk.
The top deciding factors for choosing a VPN
- Free trial – Some of the top rated VPNs like ExpressVPN and VyprVPN will provide you with a free trial so you can test the connectivity speed, services, security and reliability of the VPN. If you are new to VPNs then you might want to try the free trials before deciding on the perfect service provider for you.
- Support services – The VPN you decide on should offer added services such as 24 hour customer support, email assistance and an easy to understand websites. Some of the VPNs with the best services are IPVanish and PureVPN.
- Protocols – You need to research the protocols these VPNs use. VPNs such as Overplay and StrongVPN that use IPSec or SSL protocols usually create the most secure encryption to keep your activities secure.
- VPN reach – Make sure that the VPN service that you decide on is available in your country as well as the countries that you would like to access. For instance, if you want to watch UK television from the US then you should find a VPN that is available in both countries. It is also important for travelers to find a VPN that is available in both countries so they can enjoy a secure network from anywhere. For an instance, HideMyAss has its servers in more than 190 countries across the globe which is quite exceptional reach.
- Find out about logging data – Some VPNs log data while others do not. The advantage of data logging is that you can go back on your history to trace certain sites that you had a look at. The disadvantage of data logging is that others, such as cyber spies can also access these logs and hold your online activities against you.
- Check ratings – These days all online service providers, retail stores and products are rated. A great way to ensure the VPN that you decided on is secure is to check their online ratings and look for customer feedbacks on the sites. This will give you a terrific idea of which VPNs are reliable and which ones are not to be trusted for your online activities.
Affordability – Some of the top rated VPNs have fantastic packages that are greatly affordable to individual VPN users. You should also have a look at the package rates before making your final decision on the best VPN for your budget.