The internet is a digital jungle. It provides you with an abundance of resources and you can find just about anything online. It is also still majorly unsecure because if you are not using a secure network then hackers can access anything they like on your computer and the cyber police can monitor your every call and every website you visit to see if you are being a legal internet user. A great way you can tame the internet a bit is by getting a VPN so your secure information and online activities will remain completely secure.
What exactly is a VPN?
VPN (Virtual Private Networks) is a group of computers that create a private network where you can share data and download through the public internet without the possibility of getting hacked and so no one can trace your activities. VPNs work like a WAN (Wide Area Network and is becoming increasingly popular, not only for businesses who want to keep their information secure but also for individuals who like the benefits VPN services.
What you can expect from a VPN?
VPN services employ a lot of security protocols to help create and maintain a secure network. Different VPNs may offer a variety of different services and use different software to help protect your activities. Some of the most common services that you can expect from VPNs are:
- IP Security – VPN services like ExpressVPN, VyprVPN and IPVanish uses an encryption method to help hide your personal IP address from the world so you won’t be found even if the cyber police are investigating certain online activities.
- L2TP / IPsec – the layer to tunnel protocol and IPsec protocols are combined to create a secure VPN due to L2TP’s encryption capabilities and IPsec’s hiding capabilities.
- SSL and TLS – Secure Sockets Layer and Transport Layer Security are used to protect online retailers and service providers from hackers. It is important for these firms to protect their data or all of their clients could be vulnerable which could lead to a lot of charges against these firms.
- PPTP – The Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol has been used since the 1990s and can be used on just about any operational system. This software creates a tunnel that encapsulates data for a more secure working environment.
- Secure Shell – Also known as SSH, creates a tunnel and provides encryption to create the most secure network possible that both secures your network and hides your online activities.
Why VPNs are important?
VPN services such as PureVPN and StrongVPN are highly recommended for business owners, institutions, schools and just about any organization that have a need to function on a secure network and provide file sharing without putting data at risk. HideMyAss and Overplay are some of the top VPN services that individuals who want to access information that is not allowed in their country, can trust. It is important to get a VPN service so your online activities will be hidden from the cyber police and so you can rest at ease knowing that all your private conversations will stay private.