A lot of businesses expand across the globe and have a great need to supply their employees, colleagues and investors with certain confidential information to ensure the business run smoothly. Global businesses such as retail stores cannot function on the public internet for their information sharing because an open connection could leave all of their client’s information vulnerable to hackers who could log into their accounts and steal their money. Confidential business information and documentation also cannot be transferred over the public internet because hackers could also access these files and heave havoc for the company. One of the best ways businesses can flourish securely is by employing the assistance of VPN services.
What exactly is a VPN?
VPNs or Virtual Private Networks are created by using software and protocols to create a secure tunnel through which data can be transferred. This tunnel is created by using encryption software that will hide the company computer’s IP addresses and encrypt all the online activities and downloads so the outside world will not be able to hack into the business databases and will not be able to access information such as browsing data and online conversations. Through a VPN you can do just about anything you would have normally done on the internet which includes browsing, downloading, file sharing and access to sites that might have been restricted in your location.
The benefits of VPNs for businesses
- Connect multiple offices – Through a VPN you can connect multiple offices and a magnitude of freelance employees and provide them with a means to share information securely. These networks function in the same way as ISDN connections for telecommunications companies, used with one great difference, you can connect from anywhere in the world and enjoy all the benefits that as if you were situated in the mother country.
- Security – All your data will be completely secure and all your business transactions will be encrypted so hackers and cyber spies will not be able to see what you are doing. Some of the VPNs with the best security protocols are, ExpressVPN, VyprVPN and IPVanish.
- Fast speeds – Most encryption and security software have a tendency to slow down network speed, but top VPNs like StrongVPN and PureVPN provide you with the best security while maintaining a high network speed that allows you to download much faster.
- Accessibility – Some websites are restricted in certain countries. Extremely secure countries like China and Saudi Arabia even restricted social media sites in an attempt to secure their country which is cutting these countries off from a lot of modern technology and communications. With a VPN service like HideMyAss or Overplay, you can travel to these foreign destinations and still use these sites without having to worry about getting caught.
- Global freedom – These top VPNs are available across the globe in multiple countries, which means you can access the company network from anywhere in the world and stay ahead of work progressions even though you are thousands of miles away.