Which possibilities do you expect from a VPN service? We can suppose that you aim is having a free hand while surfing the Internet, being anonymous and secure. These features are the most common among VPN clients. And of course, users want to find a cheaper service, or even free.
A VPN technology attracts public attention from year to year due to growing Internet user’s interest in the field of personal information security. And among all available protection methods against cyber attacks VPN is considered to be the most demanded service. Only VPN can simply and easily resolve security and network restrictions problem.
If you are an advanced user and know about VPNs all the necessary information, you need to decide which VPN will respond to your requests. Will it be free or paid service? This choice puts another question towards users. Many of them prefer paying for VPNs, because usually paid services guarantee safety and security, but others are not ready to refuse free VPNs.
How to clarify this situation and come to the right decision? Let’s dwell on this question in details and break the impasse.
Why do you need a VPN?
In order to choose the best VPN for you purposes and needs, we advise you to know in which spheres VPNs are used:
- Corporate restrictions
If your employer has blocked some websites, but you want to access them and stay anonymous – connect over a VPN. It allows overcoming all limitations and keeping only server’s address in logs. VPN is a good way to bypass bans, but you need to be careful. Highly-qualified administrator can note a high traffic flow, verify your Internet activity and add a VPN server’s address in black-list.
- Foreign websites
Many entertainment websites, such as FOX, BBC or Pandora, stand for copyright protection, observe all necessaries rules and deny access for foreign visitors. During the connection over a VPN, you gain an Internet-citizenship of the required country. Besides, you will be able to download some useful tools like free iTunes applications. It’s very comfortable and cost-efficiently.
If you want to preserve your privacy online – VPN will help you. Encryption and IP changes keep your Internet provider out of monitoring your network activity.
- Public Wi-Fi hotspots
Public hotspots often do not apply any measures to provide security for users. It makes public Wi-Fi magnetic for hackers who can freely steel personal information. But if you encrypt your connection with VPN, hacker will receive coded information only with no possibility to decipher it.
How free VPNs differ from paid services?
1. Free VPN services do not protect your Internet activity at the high level as paid VPNs do. Many providers promise to protect your privacy, but don’t uphold declared guarantees. In addition, free services complicate operating process with needless advertisement, popups and spam messages. The company provides advertisement in order to gain money for services that you don’t wont to pay.
2. With paid VPN plan you can access to multiple locations in various countries. Paid versions allow using VPN in different devices simultaneously. Applications are designed not only for popular operation systems, like Windows or Mac, but also for Linux and mobile devices.
3. Paid services seek development and upgrade constantly. They provide 24-hour multi-language technical support, enlarge theirs footprint and open new servers. When it comes to free VPNs, few of them establish such goals.
It’s obvious that paid VPNs offer more powerful capabilities than free services. But if you have no possibilities to pay for VPNs, don’t feel bad. Some of them propose free trial versions. They have some limitations. But they will deserve you confidence and favour.
Which the best free VPNs should be recommended?
PureVPN is a very strong VPN for unblock YouTube, Netflix and other restricted websites that has host of servers and great encryption and security tools to keep your accounts safe online. This service offers you access to any of its 500 servers that are located in 141 countries. PureVPN allows you to use up to 5 different devices at one time through a single account. With this feature, you can use Tablet, mobile, PC, Laptop or other devices to enjoy internet freedom that you are dying for. Its split tunneling feature offers VPN users to select the data that they would like to send through VPN and others can be sent through their ISP. The important features offered by PureVPN for paid account holders are:
- Live chat support all round the year.
- Proprietary apps and software for all leading platforms.
- Switching between servers allowed for as many times as you want.
- No data or bandwidth restriction.
- 7 days money back guarantee.
Having decided to reconsider the question of your online security, you can definitely place confidence in NordVPN provider. This one is an ace of the service for many reasons. Full confidentiality, unlimited access and bandwidth, secure Wi-Fi and all that’s on condition your privacy is under defense of 2048-bit SSL ciphering and usage of up-to-date protocols. Having subscribed to the service, you can easily forget about any restrictions you’ve faced while networking, because more than six hundred servers are located worldwide. Moreover, the service keeps no logs and lets using Tor over VPN, which provides you with extra anonymity. In addition, thirty-day money back guarantee and constantly-run specials will waist little time for your thoughts.
ExpressVPN boasts of offering the fastest VPN on Earth and along with its blazing speeds. It offers you many features that make it one of the best VPNs to access anything offered on the internet. This VPN network is secured by 256-bit SSL encryption and therefore you need not worry about watching high definition movies and TV shows on your device. The service is fully confident of its features and therefore guarantees subscribers a 30 day money return guarantee. You can pay for VPN with PayPal using ExpressVPN. This VPN can be used to connect to the internet from anywhere thanks to the 136+ cities where it has its servers. The main features of ExpressVPN are:
- Feature rich VPN software for all OS and devices.
- Extra layer of security using SSTP, PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec VPN protocols.
- No tabs on your browsing history and internet activities.
- 30 days money back guarantee.
No matter where you are located in the world, you can make use of the trusted SaferVPN service to browse blocked websites and many other things offered online being invisible. This service has its headquarters in Israel and started its operations only in 2013. It is the most suited VPN to enjoy internet freedom and privacy around the world at affordable prices. SaferVPN creates a military grade VPN tunnel between the devices and its servers to block other people from hacking your data or understanding your online browsing activities. The features of SaferVPN that will help in protecting your account are:
- Support for all operating systems, mobile devices, and routers.
- 256-bit OpenVPN and L2TP Over IPSec protocol encryption.
- P2P sharing of files is allowed through its servers.
- Secret subscription payments can be done using Bitcoin.
- Money back guarantee for cancellation within a fortnight of your activation.
VyprVPN is a dependable VPN service that is offered by the popular internet solution company Golden Frog. It has easy to use apps for all the modern day devices you use. Opting for a Vypr premier plan will give you the freedom to use up to five devices at one time. There will be no restrictions or limits on the number of server switching, bandwidth usage or speed. All the VPN servers offered by this VPN are owned and managed by Golden Frog and therefore you do not have to worry about lag in internet speeds and security of the connections. The free version is limited for 500 MB a month and allows only for one connection. The smart features of VyprVPN are:
- Over 700 servers are provided in about 50 locations all over the globe.
- Defeats ISP speed throttling to offer you no speed restrictions when watching HD streaming content.
- Special chameleon technology used to prevent Deep Packet Inspection and VPN blocking.
The better way to stay anonymous in the network and bypass all limitations established by the provider is to use VPN services. Fortunately, the market proposes various services for different uses, and all you need is to complete your requests and choose one appropriate VPN.
As to paid or free services, you have read our article and can already conclude and come to your personal opinion about which service you want to use. In spite of general opinion, there is no need to pay for good VPN a big sum of money. It’s possible to use free trial packages of popular reliable services or take a chance on free VPN, functionality of which is quite enough for many Internet users.
But as practice shows, the majority of free VPN services builds unstable connection over the network that is inherent in data leakage. Along with that, all your sensitive information may be stolen and expended by incompetent employees of free VPN service. You must admit that such scenario is unacceptable for you.
As the old saying goes, cheapest is the dearest. From this perspective, we highly recommend you to make the right decision and pay for services.